Support is much more than a euphemism for money. We are a very young indie theatre company with no home base our needs for support differ greatly from a 20 year old repertory company with a staff and a permanent venue. We’re not going to send out yearly funding requests every fall on glossy brochures, and we’re not going to give a curtain speech before the show explaining how much we need more of your money. We don’t really like either when they happen to us, so why would we do it to you?
So how can you support us?
- Buy a ticket. (You can’t afford a ticket? Contact us. We’ll work something out.)
- Participate in a fundraising effort if and when they pop up.
- If you’re far away when a show comes up that you’re interested in? Buy a ticket anyway! Either through the ticketing solution for the show with a note to us to donate it, or through the Paypal link with a note.
- Give us your feedback – on the blog, on Facebook, on Twitter, in email, on the phone, after a show. Don’t be shy.
We’re in this for the work, and we want to get better. If we’re not getting honest feedback we’re missing an opportunity.
- Attend a reading.
- Audition. We sometimes use friends for specific things, but honestly we like auditions. They’re fun.
- Send us your script! We like plays. You write plays. We probably don’t have the time or money to produce your play, but we may know someone who does. We may do a reading. We may just talk with you about it. But anything is better than no one ever reading your play right?
- Spread the word! If you like something we do? Tell a friend. If you love it? Tell ten!
We will also accept: Liqourice Altoids, Digital Projectors, T-Shirts or bumper stickers from your theatre/company, cupcakes.